97 GMC 1500 No Start

My 1/2 ton will not start, I drove to the shopping centre parked and when I came out it would not start, I had this problem before and found it was the
fuel pump, the fuel pump is about 1 year old and still pumps the fuel and I am getting good spark, is the fuel pump just not putting out enough pressure or what????????

Only way to know the answer to that question is to put a gauge on it. Could be low pressure, but I would not initially think so. Which engine is in the truck? How is it that you know the fuel pump is still pumping fuel? How old is the fuel filter? Could be non-fuel problems too. Crankshaft sensor is one other area that comes to mind.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

also separated the fuel line at the filter and got fuel but think I will try a new filter they are cheap.

Could be a relay or other problem not switching the pump on. Severed wiring.