97 Jimmy

The interior lights will not go out. I pulled out the switch on the dash, cleaned all the contacts and it appeared to work while using my ohmeter. Any ideas?

Reply to
Dancar

Well, on my 97 Blazer, the interior dome light and "foot" lights stay on for about 20 seconds after the door is opened. This is controlled by a Time Delay Relay ckt/module in the glove box as I recall.

What got me a dead battery was, if you just pull up on the door handles the lights come on as long as you hold the handle, then 20 secs more after you let go. One of those switches went bad. I chose to disconnect it at the time.

Reply to
Merlin

Reply to
The Jones

On my Blazer, there's a rocker in the back overhead light - keeps the interior lights on IF the glass is up. So IF this switch were on, AND the glass were open (or that switch failed, it's in the tailgate), that could also cause his problem. Forgot about that! Easy to check, turn the rocker off - even if the glass is up or switch failed, the lights should go off if that is it - this is intended so you can leave the glass up and/or tailgate down, and not drain the battery.

Reply to
Merlin