97 Jimmy Check Enigine code 0446

Help!
Anyone know where the evap canister is on a 97 Jimmy (4.3 vortec)?? I keep getting code 0446 (evap vent control malfunction) I replaced the gas cap and the evap solenoid, still getting the code.
But I can't find the evap canister to check the hoses, the hose on the solenoid runs down behind the center of the engine.
Thanks!
Look under the truck.. You probably need a new vent solenoid.. What a nice pain in the a$$ that is to change too.. the canister is in front of the tank.. follow the big black plastic tube from that up and over the tank towards the back of the cab.. You can probably see the vent solenoid between the cab and the bed... The easiest way I change them is to take all the bed bolts out on that side, loosen the ones on other side and pick the bed up about a foot... Lots easier than dropping the tank..... Bobo

Well, the canister vent solenoid is around the crossmember area of the fuel tank, so I'm guessing the canister is back there with it. That solenoid valve is the one the code's complaining about, not the purge solenoid in the engine compartment..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada