97 Lumina rattle

when I accelerate, there is a tinny type of rattle, sort of like a spark knock but this sounds more like something is loose. possible areas to look at for this type of noise?

Reply to
Cammie

Between your ears? Doh!!

(sorry, but all regulars qualify for silly responses at times.)

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Cammie wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Steve

Sounds more like it is coming from the front half of the car. It's done this since I bought the car used a month or so ago. Everyone thinks its a spark knock, thought I thought I was told there is no such a thing. :)

Reply to
Cammie

A catcon heat shield would sound like it was from the front half, as you say. Whaddya mean no such thing as spark knock??? Detonation (the real term) is quite real, and can be caused by several things.

It sounds like shaking a plastic bottle with a few BBs in it. GW

Cammie wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

It sounds like a spark knock, it is only all the time during acceleration. I'll have it checked out next time I go in for an oil change.

Reply to
Cammie