97 Lumina rattle

when I accelerate, there is a tinny type of rattle, sort of like a spark knock but this sounds more like something is loose. possible areas to look at for this type of noise?

Between your ears? Doh!!
(sorry, but all regulars qualify for silly responses at times.)
-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
Cammie wrote:

Might be the exhaust shields on the underbody. Check for clearance and or missing screws on the shield, if this is the area where the nosie is coming from.

look

coming
Sounds more like it is coming from the front half of the car. It's done this since I bought the car used a month or so ago. Everyone thinks its a spark knock, thought I thought I was told there is no such a thing. :)
A catcon heat shield would sound like it was from the front half, as you say. Whaddya mean no such thing as spark knock??? Detonation (the real term) is quite real, and can be caused by several things.
It sounds like shaking a plastic bottle with a few BBs in it. GW
Cammie wrote:

coming

say.
things.
It sounds like a spark knock, it is only all the time during acceleration. I'll have it checked out next time I go in for an oil change.