97 old cutlass 3.1 auto 4dr

My guage floats all over so Today I got under the car and puled the connectors around the tank.The first was next to a black box with a fuel line running out of it and the other 3 were next to that.All I did was
disconnect each one and spray the plugs with deoxit and plug them back in.I know the guage SHOULD be reading less than 1/2 as I have OVER 200 miles on the tank right now but now reads above full? Whats up with that? Also,what is that black plastic box under the tank with the fuel line coming out of it?Which plug is the guage? The one in the box with 2 wire?
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!
The sender connector is on the top of the tank. Check the grounds around the tank.
Http://www.thebesthardparts.com/forum
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Do I have to drop the tank,where are the grounds.Why did it happen (pegged the guage) when I undid the connector I did? What is the black box under the tank with the line coming out?
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!