'97 Olds Bravada

Just recently my brakes went bad and I replaced the master cylinder. Now for some reason I can't get the damn thing to shift out of PARK. It'll start up
nice but I'll be damned if I can get it out of park (and yes I am pushing the brake while trying to shift). And I can't get the key out of the ignition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford to pay this a**hole anymore money to make things worse.
Thanks a bunch
Check the connections on the stop lite switch.

-
There is a broke wire in the ignition lock cylinder (internal, needs a new one), I had the same problem in a 98 Jimmy.