97 Olds bravada keyless remote program instructions

It took me forever to get the right programming instructions to program a replacement keyless remote for my 1997 Olds Bravada. So I thought I would post it and share so as many people as can be saved
from paying $40.00 at the dealership to have this done can do so. Hope it helps someone.
1 LOCATE THE DIAGNOSTIC PLUG LOCATED UNDER DRIVERS DASH, A USUALLY BLACK FEMALE END PLUG, APPROX. A 12 PIN CONNECTOR.
2 FIND A GOOD GROUND AND TOUCH TEST LIGHT TO THE TOP PIN ON FAR RIGHT OF DIAGNOSTIC PLUG,POWER DOOR LOCKS SHOULD CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN) IF LOCKS FAIL TO CYCLE TOUCH BOTTOM RIGHT PIN. 2a - some older models ,early 96 on back you may have to touch top or bottom far left pin.( IF YOU HAVE A GOOD GROUND, YOUR TEST LIGHT WILL COME ON AND DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE FORM ONE OF THESE PINS! IF LIGHT DOESN'T COME ON YOU HAVE A BAD GROND!) THE OUTSIDE CASING OF YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTER SOCKET IS A GOOD GROUND IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH ONE.
3 AS SOON AS LOCKS CYCLE, KEEP THE GROUND AND PIN CONNECTED , HOLD DOWN BOTH THE UNLOCK BUTTON AND LOCK BUTTON ON THE NEW KEYLESS REMOTE AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL DOOR LOCKS CYCLE.(THIS MAY TAKE 5-20 SECONDS)
4 MAINTAIN CONNECTION WITH TEST LIGHT , TAKE 2ND NEW OR OLD REMOTE AND PRESS AND HOLD DOWN LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON REMOTE UNTILL LOCKS CYCLE.