97 Park Avenue Ultra

I recently got new Tires (Yokahama Avid Touring 225/60SR16). After I started driving the car around, the "Check Tire Pressures" warning came
up on the Vehicle Information Screen in my dash. I checked the tire pressures, and everything looked fine, any way to get this to go away? Also, does anyone know how this is calculated? I have sat and thought about how it does it and the only thing I can think of is that there is a sensor in the suspension that determines the pressure based on the pressure back from the road, but thats my best guess.

I run thoes on our '95 PA Ultra. Great tires... very quiet.

I believe it works on speed differential between the left and right wheels. Low pressure means smaller effective radius therefore higher rotational speed for same road speed.
You can reset the error codes with a scanner. If you don't have one (probably don't) I understand AutoZone will do it free.
No expert here, so take my advice for what it's worth :-)
Ed
On my 2001 Century there is a reset button(red) in the fuse box to the right of glove box. ernie
Early tire press systems used a sensor in the wheel that transmitted readings to a monitor in the dash, there are specific precautions about mounting tires on these specially equipped rims, could be the problem here.

-
This same thing happened on my 98 PA when I got new tires. You have to calibrate/reset the tire pressure system. Turn the ignition switch to run. Press the GAUGES button on the Driver Information Center until TIRE PRESSURE appears on the display. Press and hold the DIC RESET button for about five seconds until the TIRE PRESSURE RESET appears. After you release the DIC RESET button, TIRE PRESSURE NORMAL will appear in the display. That should take care of the problem. Hope this helps. This information is in the owners manual.

That worked great! Thanks SO MUCH! These are the times I wish i had my owners manual so I could look up these things.