97 Park Avenue Ultra Plugs

I am thinking (and trying to research) changing the plugs on my 97 PA Ultra. I investigated under the hood, and it seems to be pretty much impossible to change the back bank of plugs. I read on a forum that it would be helpful to disconnect the front motor mount and rock the engine forward and backward to get to the back bank, however i'm a little leary of this, just being the fact that the engine ISN'T LIGHT! Can anybody shed some light on this? Any tips or tricks would be very helpful. Also what kind of plugs does everyone run? I'm thinking the AC/Delco Platinums, but not sure how much of a difference they'll make.

Reply to
beaver2672

Not sure about the supercharged 3800 configuration & workable space, but the base 3800 in my 05 looks to have plenty of room to get to the rear plugs without rocking the engine.

Are those the original plugs in there?

Good Luck.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 36,008 91 Bonneville LE 306,123
Reply to
Harry Face

I am the third owner of the vehicle, didn't have very good records, but I would assume, since it has 168,000 miles that they would not be the original. I have looked at the front bank, and although they don't look the best, I don't see any reason why I couldn't get another 5000-8000 miles out of them.

Reply to
beaver2672

I've changed the plugs on our '95 PA Ultra a couple times. You need a flex ratchet, but other than that it's not difficult. Any auto parts store will sell you the AC plug for the engine.

Ed

Reply to
Ed