97 Pontiac Montana Stalling

A friend just called with problems with their van. It will stall out while driving - as if it had run out of gas. He's already replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump. The van will start right up again and drive for unpredictable distances after this occurrence. Sometimes it will stall several times within a few miles and then seem to run ok for a while and other times it may only stall once.

Seems I recall reading something similar here over the past several months but a google search didn't turn anything up.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Crank sensor - assuming its some sort of V-6.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Two follow up points that I should have supplied in my original post (brain fart - comes with old age...)

1) it's a 3.4L 2) I suspected the crank sensor and was seeking confirmation

Thanks Paul - I appreciate the reply.

Reply to
Mike Marlow