97 S-10 steering wheel removal

Hi, thanks for all of the help I have gotten on my postings so far. I have a broken turn signal. The turn signal works ok, it just won't return from the right turn position by itself, I have to pull it back manually. I am
assuming from a previous experience that I have to replace the turn signal assembly inside of the steering wheel. I am concerned about the air bag system. I know a thing about it and I don't want to set it off. Can anyone talk me through. I am not even sure how to remove the soft cover on the steering wheel, to get to the steering wheel nut. The last steering wheel that I pulled was on a 1972 Camaro. Thanks, Rick