97 Safari - Power Windows stop working from time to time.

Hi,
What happens is when I try to bring the window up it stops before it reaches the top. I take out the key, wait 2 minutes put the key back in, turn to
ON, and move the window right to the top. Same thing happens when it is going down. This is happening on the driver's side door only. The passenger is perfectly fine. How should I proceed to troubleshoot this problem or if anybody had this happen, what was the solution??
Lukasz A Kaczmarek
I have gleened this information from www.astrosafari.com from various posts I have read at various times. There is a bimetallic connector near / on the door switch for the window. When too much current passes through, it heats the bimetallic connector, it bends and disconnects the circuit. When it cools, it connects again. This means you do not have to take the key out to get your window working again. The standing solution is as follows - 1.) clean all surfaces where the glass meets the rubber weatherstripping and baby powder or silicone to keep friction to a minimum - this usually fixes the problem 2.) inside the door, ensure all moving parts are nicely lubed and freely moves 3.) If 1 and 2 are accomplished and you are still having problems, it must be electrical! 3A.) ensure good connections and no cracked wires (in the harness between the door and body) --> lower voltage = higher current 3B.) your window motor is starting to go (drawing too much current)
Drop into this great site for more details about this and all kinds of astro/safari puzzles.
rick

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:33:07 -0400, "Lukasz A Kaczmarek"

window & dew strips.
I've seen really good results from a $6 can. If nothing else you've got some clean lubricant for other uses and you're only out $6 & some time.
Lukasz A Kaczmarek wrote:

Hi...
I'm sure that taking the key out has nothing to do with it... all that's happening is a thermal (auto resettable) fuse is cooling off enough to let the motor run again...
Until the experts tell you how to fix it properly, a temporary work around would be to move it halfway, pause just a minute or two, then finish.
Ken