97 Venture keyless entry problem

My 97 Venture keyless entry system can "unlock" but cannot "lock". Does anyone know what the problem is ? Both two transmitters have the same problem. So is not a bad button.
Maybe it is out of sync ? If it is, can someone give me the instructions for re-synchronizing ?
sound like a bad/open splice ck under the passenger carpet for water intrusions the splice is in the harness that route near the sill plate its blue or pink wire