97buick lesabre wont crank

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH SOME TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS ON THE SECURITY SYSTEM.IT IS LOCKED UP AND IT WONT LET ME START MY CAR.

Turn the key on for 15 minutes then turn off, then try to restart, this is relearn procedure, after that you will need a diagnostic trouble tree to trace this down, assuming it is the VATs.

-

IS
Shep gave you a procedure for resetting the system I have a car with an earlier system that I finally had bypassed. It could have been repaired, for a price, but I just decided I was tired of mucking with it.
Yeah did the resistor bypass on my 98 for the same reason, avoided replacing the key cylinder.

-
CAN YOU GIVE THE PROCEDURE FOR RESETING THE SYSTEM,OR TELL ME HOW TO BYPASS THE SYSTEM.

BYPASS
http://www.12vp.com/info_resistors.htm
Check the above site... My older system was dead simple..find the correct value for the resistor in the key. Then, I purchased a 1% precision resistor to match that value exactly.
Disconnected the wires going to the key reader, and put the resistor in the circuit going to the security module.
Starts every time now.
Yours is a later system.. Again, go the site above.
(By the way, POSTING IN ALL CAPITALS is called 'shouting'. It is discouraged.)