97buick lesabre wont crank

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH SOME TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS ON THE SECURITY SYSTEM.IT IS LOCKED UP AND IT WONT LET ME START MY CAR.

Reply to
danamal

Shep

Shep gave you a procedure for resetting the system I have a car with an earlier system that I finally had bypassed. It could have been repaired, for a price, but I just decided I was tired of mucking with it.

Reply to
<HLS

Reply to
Shep

CAN YOU GIVE THE PROCEDURE FOR RESETING THE SYSTEM,OR TELL ME HOW TO BYPASS THE SYSTEM.

Reply to
danamal

Check the above site... My older system was dead simple..find the correct value for the resistor in the key. Then, I purchased a 1% precision resistor to match that value exactly.

Disconnected the wires going to the key reader, and put the resistor in the circuit going to the security module.

Starts every time now.

Yours is a later system.. Again, go the site above.

(By the way, POSTING IN ALL CAPITALS is called 'shouting'. It is discouraged.)

Reply to
<HLS