98-99 Park Avenue Recall

Hello, I took my Buick to be fixed for the recall, The recall stated for those that dont know That GM has a faulty Fuel regulator, and could cause the 3800 to backfire, doing damage to the Intake Manifold or fuel injectors.
Well I took mine in the dealer told me it would only take 30mins. To replace the fuel regulator.. My problem is now whem i start the engine it takes the car longer to start up.. as to befor they changed the regulator.. ANy in put would help is this due to a new regulator or what?? 99 Park Avenue 99kmiles
-- Jay Smit
I just had my 98 PA fuel pressure regulator replaced under the recall and everything is normal. You might have some other problem or they may have inadvertently knocked some ajar while they were working on it.

One other thought - they don't actually change the entire fuel pressure regulator. They just replace the diaphram. Ask them to double check that they installed the correct part according to the recall instructions.