98 Astro Rear Door Dilema

While changing the ever breaking rear door handle on my Astro van, I put it back together without putting the latch rod in well enough. The result is that I can't get the door open to take it apart again. Since
there is no interior handle or access panel (you get to it from the side of the door while open), I think I have to destroy the door panel to pull the latch and open the door.
Any ideas for my dilema? If I could find some diagrams, I'd might come up with a strategy. Its a 1998 Chev. Astro with side by side doors. JC
JC wrote:

I've got the "dutch door" style, so this may be of little value, but is there any possibility of driving out the hinge pins? Are the hinge pins even accessible from outside the van?
Just some ideas -- good luck, Mark
Remove the carpet from the inside of the door and there is a panel under it you can access the door interior through...No damage required... Steve