98 Bonneville airbag codes

I have a 98 Bonneville. The airbag light stays on continually. The dealer checked it and said that it had codes 18 & 71, which requires a replacement module. Can anyone tell me what these codes are
representing? Does anyone have suggestions on how I should proceed?
Thanks,
Doug
Your question is not clear, the dealer diagnosed this, told you what they say it needs, now what? Check this link http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/gm-b-body-obd-codes.php

-

follow up question concerning OP.........how does one retrieve airbag and anti lock codes without dealers tech2?? ...........kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

wrote in message

I am really asking if there is another alternative to paying $900 to the dealer for a new module. There are companies on the web that claim to be able to reload the factory software into the module for less than $100. Is this legitimate?
Also, I am tryint to determine if codes 18 & 71 are crash data codes (the car was not crashed), or if these codes indicate other component failures.
Thanks
B1018 passenger side short to ground. B1071 internal sdm failure Diagnostics say attack the B1018 first.