98 buick lesabre

my transmission slips when car is cold only once in the first 10 minutes of driving. if i warm the car before driving it will not slip.
any ideas
Ben

Ben wrote:

When was the last time that you checked the transmission fluid? How many miles on the car? When was the fluid and filter changed last?
---Bob Gross---
i did all that Robert it did not work

of
miles
Ben wrote:

Fine, then what are the answers?
---Bob Gross---
still looking for a solution

Ben wrote:

Yes, I'm still waiting for your answers to my questions.
---Bob Gross---
snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Robertwgross) wrote in message

I had a similar problem with pickup, had it to the dealer who said it was ok, and at work--powertrain hydramatic. The tech there said it was ok---when cold the thermistor changed the shift points and also delays the tcc until all is warm. who knows? But the trans never failed and is still in service. The other guys on this group are real techs---I'm not by far and hope I'm not too far off base.
Ben wrote:

Could be valve body gummed up. Or O-ring seals getting hard when cold. Take the valve body out, take it apart, clean it thoroughly and put it back in. It's pretty easy.