98 buick lesabre

my transmission slips when car is cold only once in the first 10 minutes of driving. if i warm the car before driving it will not slip.

any ideas

Ben

Reply to
Ben

When was the last time that you checked the transmission fluid? How many miles on the car? When was the fluid and filter changed last?

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Fine, then what are the answers?

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Could be valve body gummed up. Or O-ring seals getting hard when cold. Take the valve body out, take it apart, clean it thoroughly and put it back in. It's pretty easy.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Yes, I'm still waiting for your answers to my questions.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

I had a similar problem with pickup, had it to the dealer who said it was ok, and at work--powertrain hydramatic. The tech there said it was ok---when cold the thermistor changed the shift points and also delays the tcc until all is warm. who knows? But the trans never failed and is still in service. The other guys on this group are real techs---I'm not by far and hope I'm not too far off base.

Reply to
chuck