98 chevy cavalier

I have a 1998 Chevy Cavalier that has been haveing trouble starting. It cranks but will not turn over without me giving it gas. This does not happen constantly, but it is frequent. I assume the fuel pump or fuel
injectors are bad. Any help?
Have you thought about taking your machine to Auto Zone to let them scan your computer for stored trouble codes?
Do you mean by "giving it gas" that you are pumping the accelerator pedal? If your fuel pump is bad or if the injectors have problems I don't see offhand how "giving it gas" can circumvent those problems. Maybe I'm missing something.
Finding a stored trouble code, if one exists, should quickly lead you to the culprit.