98 Chevy Lumina DTC 0452

I didn't want to hijack the guy's thread that had the 455 code (this is obviously in the same family, evap related). Haven't tried any fixes yet as I don't have the cash to be blindly throwing at parts right now so I thought I would ask for some suggestions here first. Yes, I clicked the gas cap about 5 times last time I checked it, it didn't really seem "tight" to me like the older-style caps did (on my

94/96's) ... not really a big fan of these new-style caps anyhow. I've seen all sorts of "solutions" online as to what this could be (even an EGR valve!) so TIA for any help (hopefully the cheaper the better).

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

Check the fill pipe and all hoses for evap system for leaks. Check voltage on sensor with a millimeter and check connectors. Look at the gas cap, not just tighten it. Original gas cap just replace it as the seals are probably shot. Goggle the code if you want lots of answers but an understanding of the system and troubleshooting techniques is needed.....

Reply to
Woody

That is suppose to be google, dam spell checkers....

Reply to
Woody

Thanks for the ideas, the gas cap is probably the cheapest thing to replace. Which sensor are we talking about? Also, if it helps, I forgot to mention that even after a complete tune-up, the car still runs like crap, basically she "feels" like a 4-cylinder (and it's a v6, obviously). Not sure if that helps the diagnosis, or if it's even related.

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial