98 GMC Safari

Hi, The check engine light on my GMC Safari has come on solid and is not going off, even after running the recommended fuel injector cleaner. It has been suggested to me that I replace the spark plugs, spark plug wires and cap and rotor. I didn't think that cap rotor were still being used. I tried looking, but for the life of me I could not even locate where any of these things are? Could somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Reply to
Kevin

Hi Kevin I have a 1997 Safari I have been getting a check engine light allot. I find out that it is a loose gas cap. As far as the spark plugs go they are suppose to be good for 160,000km. To get to them you can jack your van up and take the front tire off and lift the rubber flap to get at them. The cap and wires is a different story. You have to remove the glove box and then the dog house under the dash. There are 2 torx screws under the caps on either side of the console and 2 bolts under the flap of carpet at the bottom. Then if you look up under the big hump you will see 2 large bolts. Back them out and the hole hump comes free. That is where you will find the back of your engine. I hope this helps. Peter

Reply to
Peter

The check engine light could be just about anything, going and replacing stuff to try to turn it off is just shooting in the dark. You need to get the codes read out with a scan tool..

Reply to
Robert Hancock