98 Jimmy service codes part II

Page 1 of 2
As I posted before my 98 jimmy fuel mileage went down to 10 mpg. Auto Zone checked the codes and found this. P1133 was told this is low fuel pressure regulator.
P0300 was told this is coil pack failure P0147 was told this is fuel control shifted lean.
I replaced the O2 sensor behind the cat (bank 1 sensor 3). Took it to AZ and had the codes deleted. After driving it this weekend the service light is back on. Mpg went down to 6 mpg. According to AZ my codes are, P0300 P1133 P1034 P0171
Now what? My thinking is take it to a shop.
1133 is sensor 1, not after the cat., No 1034 listed, I'd be looking at #1 02 sensor, and excess fuel pressure also.

-
Thanks shep. Would fuel filter cause excess fuel pressure. As far as I know its never been changed.

Random miss fire.

Heated oxygen sensor Bank1 Sensor1 insufficient switching.

No code P1034 Possibly a P0134 which is heated oxygen sensor Bank1 Sensor1 insufficient activity (makes sense).

Fuel system lean, Bank1

Diagnose it if you can, or, take it to a shop that can.
This can be as simple as a dead shorted oxygen sensor that only reads low voltage, the system response would be to richen the fuel mixture in an attempt to compensate. It's also possible that half of the injectors are plugged and the system really -is- lean on that side.
The random miss fire can be from the engine being over fueled, or under fueled. It could also be because of an ignition problem.
I see nothing in the first set of codes that would warrant replacing the post-cat oxygen sensor (B1S3).

There is no P1034, so let's assume it's a P0134 - HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 1 insufficient activity. Same as the last sensor, check to make sure it's working properly, check the wiring as well. Most likely the heater is busted. :( Fix the P0134 and the P0171, P0300 and P1133 will most likely go away.
However, what ever is causing the P0300 can cause a P0171 and whatever is causing the P0171 can cause a P0300 at idle.
Having two HO2Ss failing could possibly mean something else too. Coolant leak? Or could just be a coincidence. Take 'er to a shop. ;)
Steve
Yes it is P0134 sorry

Something to consider, since your fuel economy dropped so much something dumping too much fuel in the system will also cause the O2 inactivity. Also continued use will destroy the converter in a short amount of time. You need a scanner to look at the misfires on the individual cylinders for the p0300. Check out the O2 sensor but don't be too surprised if it isn't the problem...

What do you think of a code P0430?

Besides the fact I don't get paid enough to think, there is no P0430 list for this particular vehicle.
Steve
Sorry Steve. P0430 is the one I'm getting right now. I have an LS1 engine. The code is something like "catalyst operating below threshold, bank 2." The way I see it, the catalyst on that side of the engine really is not working all that well, or the oxygen sensor(s) used to calculate such efficiency are not working correctly.
My question is, what do you guys think it is? Which of the two, or something COMPLETELY different?
It's a 2001, in a Z28, and fed premium always. My cats are still covered under warranty. I don't think the O2 sensors are, not that that has any bearing on what the problem is of course.
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:47:03 GMT, "Steve Mackie"

When I changed the O2 behind the Cat it was coated with a black power like dirt. It also had a lot come out to the tail pipe after I worked on it. Is this a hint or normal?

Took it to the shop. Turned out to be the other sensor. Guess I wasted my money replacing the one behind the Cat it was the one in front of it. OH WELL. Cost to diagnose and replace it $190.00.
Next repair will be air conditioner, and that will go to the shop.

Oh come on Tim - what's wrong with the A/C?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

So - have you dye tested it for leaks, or put a sniffer on it? I'm no A/C guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I had a problem with the A/C in my Silverado last year and it turned out to be the low pressure switch. Being pretty stupid about A/C, I asked a lot of folks about what the problem could be only to discover there are a lot of other folks in this world who are really pretty stupid about A/C. Anyway - I did some basic troubleshooting and discovered the low pressure switch to be at fault and replace it. Works like a top ever since. Been dieing for someone to have a similar A/C problem so I could suggest they look at the low pressure switch. Oh screw it - look at the low pressure switch Tim.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
I put die in it and can not see a leak. I am sure by the noise it makes the compressor is bad. I had unplugged it a while ago worried it would freeze up.

So... did you look at the damned low pressure switch??? Geeze...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
not even sure what or where it is
cant now she has the car

Damn. And I had all that advice all tee'd up too. Oh well.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
The codes listed in the OP pointed towards the HO2S after the cat. It wasn't until you replaced it that the codes pointing to the other one came up.
Steve