98 LeSabre cranks but....

OK..I removed all the spark plugs and the engine began cranking steadily..Coolant sprayed out of the spark plug hole near the firewall and on the passenger side....Anyway..Put the plugs back in and now the engine cranks well but won`t turn over..Seems to have very little spark...Could anything have happened during the spark plugless cranking or how do I check to see why it has no spark?..Thanks again!

Reply to
Sara Brown

If you had a bunch of coolant spray out the plug holes you have a larger problem than weak spark. It is possible that when you tried cranking it with the bore filled with water it bent the rod. I would pull the intake and hope that it was only a failed intake gasket that caused the hydro lock. That is a likely failure. However since the water was in there I would also pull the head and make sure that the piston/rod is OK.

Reply to
Steve W.

Blown head gasket or cracked cylinder wall. How can you tell it has very little spark?

Reply to
erness.wild