'98 LSS flakey turn signal

The left signal won't flash, it just stays lit continuously. The right signal works fine, and the hazards work properly. The bulbs appear to be all lit. Nothing lights up on the right that doesn't on the left at least. Symptoms of a bad flasher module? Do the hazards have a seperate flasher?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Sounds like a bad bulb to me. Replace the left bulb. Or, put the right (working) bulb in the socket of the left. If it blinks, you know it was the bulb. If it doesn't blink, you may have another problem. I'm not familiar with the LSS, but on my old Grand Prix's (a 1992 and a 1991), the turn signal arrow on the instrument cluster would stay on if a bulb was blown. It was a way of telling the driver that a bulb was blown.

Reply to
80 Knight

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to go ahead and replace all three bulbs on that side. They all light up and flash with the hazards but just won't flash on their own. The dash light does stay on just like your GP's. The flasher is a two-wire deal and works for the other side, I can't see it being the problem. Ah what the hell, I'll replace it too. They're cheap.

Reply to
SBlackfoot