98 Monte Carlo LS Sun Roof

I need info. how to repair sun roof in a 98 Monte Carlo LS. Motor works, won't open, won't close enough to cut out wind noise.All I get is a grinding
noise in either direction.
Try spraying a little lube on the cable that moves the sunroof. Sometimes they get dirty and it slows the operation. Don't use WD 40 unless you follow it up with a lubricant.

There is a nylon gear that could be bad. To service the system you must remove the head liner. That means removing all trim above the dash surfaces. The whole job requires clean hands and a high skill level.