99-2000 Regal Opinion

I am looking at buying a 99-00 Regal3.8. Anything I need to looking at?
Any opinion is welcome
Herb

Great drive train look out for problems with upper intake leaking coolant into the engine. Trans has had occasional problems also. Try to scan it for history codes in the trans if possible.

-
well i have one now that i am mad at it was a great car until it acted funny i had just put two new tires on it and now the computer is acting funny doesnt want to start flikers back and forth on the milage and trip resets everything dies everytime you turn on the blinkers if you want one they are great cars but make sure a qualified person checksa it out first and make sure to have all of the computer parts checked i love the car i have never had anything wrong with it until lately
bigtravmo wrote:

Get a grip man! You're hysterical! It was difficult to read your rant, in the absence of any punctuation. Having said that, I know what the problem is with your car. You cannot put only two new tires on a 99-2000 Regal. You must put four on or it upsets the balance of the car and essentially "tilts" the computer, causing all of the symptoms you have mentioned. To reset the computer, you will have to do the following:
1. Put on 2 more new tires. 2. Start the car and leave it in park. 3. Put on the lefthand signal light and pump the brakes 100 times. 4. Put on the righthand signal light and pump the brakes 95 times. 5. Find an old dirt road (a paved road won't work!) and back up 10 miles while whistling the national anthem. 6. Press the odometer reset wile the lefthand signal light is on.
This should fix all of your problems or at the very least, take your mind off of them for awhile.