99 Alero low tire pressure

My wife was coming home today and the check engine light came on. I thought, "oh know, not the intake gasket" because her 99 Alero has the 3.4L engine and she is at 41K. However, while I was out looking under
the hood, the check engine light went out and the low tire pressure light came on. I checked the tires and they are ok. Any ideas what could be causing the low tire pressure warining to light?
| My wife was coming home today and the check engine light came on. I | thought, "oh know, not the intake gasket" because her 99 Alero has the | 3.4L engine and she is at 41K. However, while I was out looking under | the hood, the check engine light went out and the low tire pressure | light came on. I checked the tires and they are ok. Any ideas what | could be causing the low tire pressure warining to light?
Several people I know that have this feature have told me that sometimes it comes on if the sun is shining on one side of the car...the black tires get hot from the sun and cause the air pressure to increase too much within the tires on the sunny side of the car. From what I understand the tire pressure light also comes on if the tires are not of similar pressure readings (one or more is too high compared to the others).
Soapm wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't comment on the tire pressure light, but could you elaborate a bit on that intake gasket thing?
My girlfriend has an '00 Alero. She says it surges a bit when stopped, and has generally had some weird little problems with respect to how the engine runs. The only code it threw was something about a missfire, which was months ago.
She has about 60-70K miles on the car now.
Thanks, -marc
Marc Westerlind wrote:

Sorry... ran a search and got "plenty" of hits. I never knew the problem existed.
Boy is she gonna be mad...
the misfires are caused by clogged injectors there is a bulletin on a new cleaning procedure and a gm additive to help stop the clog
if the tires were rotated it could cause the light to come on .the tire moniter system is part of the anti lock brakes any pressure difference could cause it the wheel speed sensor monitors the change in wheel speeds to reset the light on the left fuse box driverside remove the panel you will see a red reset button turn the ignition on don't start the car push the button 1 time the change oil light will flash hit the button again the tire light will flash hold the button in and you will hear a beep the tire monitor will relean the tires you will need to do this when adjusting pressure or when the vehicle is lifted