99 Alero Seat Belt won't pull out

Anyone have a hint on how to release a stuck seat belt tensioner in the rear seats of a 2 door 99 Alero?
Thanks Fred

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:48:48 GMT, "Fred"

Try making sure that it's fully retracted. Some of them tend to go into child seat mode (locking click by click). if you can push it all the way in it should (perhaps with a bit of jiggling) release and work normally till the next time that it's pulled out fully.
Best of luck.

Thanks, but no cigar. It is all the way in, and jiggling doesn't help.
Any other ideas?
Fred
Fred wrote:

Take the cover off of the retractor and pull up on the latch mechanism while pulling slightly outward on the belt.

Thanks Paul, but there is no easy way to access the retractor cover without taking off all the molding on the rear seat.
This is my daughter's car, she's on her way back to college now so it no longer matters. The fact that she can only drive 4 kids instead of 5 in her car is not necessarily bad.
I'll try again over Christmas break. Thanks for the suggestions.
Fred
Fred wrote:

They can be difficult to get to. Often junk gets caught up in the retractor or the belt gets twisted.