99 buick

heres the situation I had this car worked on by NTB a few months ago before this gasket failed. Ntb threw in a flush when i purchesed struts and tires.
When they performed the flush they used regular antifreeze (green). I didnt have any problems with my car untill this point. Could regular antifreeze cause this gasket to fail?

before
tires.
No. If flushed so that the factory DexCool is completely removed, regular anti-freeze is just fine. In fact many GM owners have switched over to it after replacing their intake gaskets.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Ditto, Mike.
No. If flushed so that the factory DexCool is completely removed, regular anti-freeze is just fine. In fact many GM owners have switched over to it after replacing their intake gaskets.Mike- snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
MIke I finally got in their to take a look at it its a crack that sits behind the thermostat on the intake manifold, is this usually cast aluminum...and if so can I fill this crack with jb weld. after all this gasket talk i was hoping that was what it actually was. nope its a hairline crack about a half of an inch long. Let me know if i can get by the cheap way on this. -Eric

If the manifold is cracked you've got nothing to lose by trying it. I'm no believer in jb weld - it's just never worked for me, but others seem to have had some luck with it. What have you really got to lose at this point?