99 buick

heres the situation I had this car worked on by NTB a few months ago before this gasket failed. Ntb threw in a flush when i purchesed struts and tires. When they performed the flush they used regular antifreeze (green). I didnt have any problems with my car untill this point. Could regular antifreeze cause this gasket to fail?

Reply to
eg_feyen

No. If flushed so that the factory DexCool is completely removed, regular anti-freeze is just fine. In fact many GM owners have switched over to it after replacing their intake gaskets.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Ditto, Mike.

Reply to
<HLS

No. If flushed so that the factory DexCool is completely removed, regular anti-freeze is just fine. In fact many GM owners have switched over to it after replacing their intake gaskets.Mike- snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

MIke I finally got in their to take a look at it its a crack that sits behind the thermostat on the intake manifold, is this usually cast aluminum...and if so can I fill this crack with jb weld. after all this gasket talk i was hoping that was what it actually was. nope its a hairline crack about a half of an inch long. Let me know if i can get by the cheap way on this.

-Eric

Reply to
eg_feyen

If the manifold is cracked you've got nothing to lose by trying it. I'm no believer in jb weld - it's just never worked for me, but others seem to have had some luck with it. What have you really got to lose at this point?

Reply to
Mike Marlow