99 buick century

Alright I have one last problem with my century I have a faulty gas gauge it will read full untill it is completely empty then bam the light comes on and the needle drops. Is this a fuel pump issue or is there another way
to fix this with out dropping the gas tank?
eg_feyen wrote:

It's probably a sticking float in the fuel tank. You might try some fuel system cleaner in the tank to free it up, but if that doesn't work, the sender will have to be replaced.