99 Buick Problems

I have a 99 Buick Regal LS. While I was driving it a couple of months ago I turned on the RIGHT turn signal and the car felt like it lost power for a second but everything seemed ok. I had to turn on the RIGHT turn signal again and the car felt like it lost power again for just a second then everything was ok again. I finally turned it on a third time so I could turn on to another street but it required me to come to almost a complete stop. When I slowed down the car completely died. but while it was rolling I had turned on my left turn signal to get across to the lane I was aiming for so I just put the shifter into Nuetral and turned the key on and the car started right up. We stopped and went into a resturant and got something to eat so we were in there about an hour and when we came out and tried to start the car all the lights on the dash would come on but the car would not start. there was no sound from the starter or anything just silence. I tried a few more times untill my wife called her mother to come get her and the baby and I stayed to wait for the tow truck. I kept trying to start it but still the only thing that would happen is all the lights on the dash would light up but that was it. no other sound at all. The tow truck got there and I was telling the driver what had happend and thought maybe it was the starter going out. he tried the same thing I did and once again the only thing that happened was all the dash lights came on. I sat back into the car and just out of couriosity I turned on the LEFT signal then tried to start the car and at this time the car started up without any trouble at all. it has done this a couple of times since then and all you have to do is turn on the LEFT signal and the car will start. has anyone heard of this problem before and if so what caused it and how was it fixed? I am hopping it is not the computer but I am afraid that is what it is.

Thanks for any and all help in this

IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

That's an odd one. Check for a wiring fault in the steering column... maybe one of the wires got pinched and is grounding out against something it shouldn't be.

Reply to
Matt Keefer