99 Buick rattle

Hi all
My 1999 Buick LeSabre, 3800, no supercharger, 90000 miles has a loud rattling noise in the front of the engine. For a week the noise came at 3500
RPM, it is now on at idle. It is continuous.
The engine stalled when making a left turn at 15 mph.
On my driveway, I disconnected the serpentine belt. The noise is still there.
I do not drive the car anymore.
People tell me that it is not likely to be the timing chain.
Does anyone have a better idea?
First thing to check is the crank balancer, they have been known to seperate at the inner and outer hub, makes plenty of noise.

-