99 Buick rattle

Hi all

My 1999 Buick LeSabre, 3800, no supercharger, 90000 miles has a loud rattling noise in the front of the engine. For a week the noise came at 3500 RPM, it is now on at idle. It is continuous.

The engine stalled when making a left turn at 15 mph.

On my driveway, I disconnected the serpentine belt. The noise is still there.

I do not drive the car anymore.

People tell me that it is not likely to be the timing chain.

Does anyone have a better idea?

Reply to
Jacques Gambu

Shep