99 camaro

Factory cd player/radio says LOC. Anyone possibly know the code for this? Please help

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Daniel Vorell) wrote in

disclaimer: this reply contains no info from service manual...2 possibilities come to mind 1) was back in the ole days when new owner could set a 'ripoff' code in radio to screw anyone that stole it. it also screwed subsequent owners who were not given the code and ended up with dead battery for any reason....2) one o' them new fangled radios that uses VIN to match radio to vehicle to screw anyone that stole it. if radio just installed and wont work you must go to dealer and talk (pay)them into hooking up their trusty tech2 and reprogram your tunes..........kjun

After what? Did you disconnect the battery? Did you just buy the car? Has the radio ever worked? Either way, no one here can give you the code. It was programmed into the radio by someone who owned the car (or the radio). You need to take it to a dealer and they can clear the code for you.

I bo't a factory GM (pontiac [Sunbird?] ) am-fm-cd-mp3 from Ebay. Fit right in my 2003 S10, connectors et al. Local Pontiac dealer, a personal friend, could not help. Contacted a local, independent auto-radio *repair shop*, who called some firm in NY. They assured us they could unlock it. Cost me $50, including shipping by Masters and back by NY'er. Now, when I 1st turn it on, it says "Calibrate" for 4 seconds, then on to call letters of station it's on and then on to reading names of tunes being played. It CAN be done. Good luck. s *MASTER'S CAR STEREO @ 864-271-6890.*: ASK TO SPEAK TO THE 'YOUNG LADY' TO OBTAIN INFO.---very reliable people, & been in business 30-50 years.