99 gmc jimmy q's?

Hello, I just bought a 99 jimmy slt w/ 80k. any input on reliabilty? do i need to change the timing belt? anything i should watch for or do preventatve
maintenance with?
I appreciate any feed back
Robert
Assuming it's the tried and true 4.3L V6 engine, there is no timing belt. The determining factor in my purchase of my 2002 Blazer was that this engine is a very old (read: proven) design and has little or no surprises. GW
Rob wrote:

Thanks for the feedback....Whats your feeling about this truck....will it last? anything i need to know or worry about with the push button 4x4...It has Auto4WD,2WD HI,4WD HI & 4WD LOW also a towing button. These gadgets sometimes scare me...should I be scared? One more thing the Passenger Heated seat doesnt work? The light doesnt come on & it doesnt heat up? How do I go about troubleshooting....is this common?
THANK YOU! Robert

Have the front end suspension/steering parts checked. They aree known for needing ball joins, Idler and pitman arms. Other than that, they are very solid trucks.
tim