99 gmc jimmy q's?

Hello, I just bought a 99 jimmy slt w/ 80k. any input on reliabilty? do i need to change the timing belt? anything i should watch for or do preventatve maintenance with?

I appreciate any feed back

Robert

Reply to
Rob

Geoff Welsh

Thanks for the feedback....Whats your feeling about this truck....will it last? anything i need to know or worry about with the push button 4x4...It has Auto4WD,2WD HI,4WD HI & 4WD LOW also a towing button. These gadgets sometimes scare me...should I be scared? One more thing the Passenger Heated seat doesnt work? The light doesnt come on & it doesnt heat up? How do I go about troubleshooting....is this common?

THANK YOU! Robert

Reply to
Rob

Have the front end suspension/steering parts checked. They aree known for needing ball joins, Idler and pitman arms. Other than that, they are very solid trucks.

tim

Reply to
Tim Schoell