'99 Intrigue Keyless Remote option

Perhaps I jumped the gun, but I found a keyless remote for our 1999 Olds Intrigue for cheap. Bought the car used, it did not come with a remote. So I've searched around and found some programming
instructions. The vehicle at one point in the programming is supposed to "ding" to indicate programming mode is now started. My vehicle never does this.
Was keyless remote an option on the 1999 models, or did they all come with it? If so, could I have some advise on how to program the remote?
Thanks
Could you post the programming instructions, or a link to them, for others who may need that info?
TIA,
Larry
O'erclockd Proc wrote:

This is the procedure I have for a 99 Intrigue. I'm not sure if keyless entry was optional, however:
Once entering this procedure, programming the first transmitter erases all previous transmitters. You must program all transmitters. 1.. Sit in the driver's seat. 2.. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. 3.. Close all vehicle doors. 4.. Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch. 5.. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. Do not rotate the ignition lock cylinder. 6.. Insert the ignition key a third time leaving the key in the ignition lock cylinder. The ignition must remain in the LOCK position for the rest of the procedure. 7.. Release the door lock switch. You will hear three chimes. This chime feedback indicates that transmitter programming is active. 8.. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This chime feedback indicates that the transmitter has been programmed successfully. 9.. Repeat step 8 for the rest of the transmitters (for a total of 4 transmitters). 10.. Exit this procedure by removing the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Look for codes AU0 and/or A90 on the options code list. White/yellow sticker somewhere in the car (glovebox, trunklid or spare tire cover are common), lists a whole bunch of 3-digit codes. If one or both of those are present, the car had RKE factory-installed.

Look in the glove box for the code sticker if the code AU0 is not on it then it is not set for keyless