99 Intrigue sunroof.. help.. help!!! $2000. part!!

The factory sunroof on my car has broken. The slide/guide in one track is broken and the plastic "hinge" on both sides (that cause the sunroof to raise or lower) are broken. I thought it would be a simple procedure to order the parts from GM. To my great surprise, you CANNOT buy any parts for this sunroof except the plastic guides that open and close the headliner when the roof is operated. You have to buy THE ENTIRE SUNROOF, glass, wiring harness, tracks etc. Needless to say it is very expensive. The dealer wants $2000.00 to replace it. I could fix it myself if I could get the parts. Any suggestions?

Reply to
dogdayyesterday

Have you tried talking to someone that sells/installs aftermarket sunroofs? Maybe they have the parts to repair or can tell you where to find them.

Reply to
buickman

I have been searching the salvage yards to no avail as of now. GM tell me that Jimmy/Blazer, Regal/Century, Lumina and Grand Prix in the 97 -

2003 years are the same??

buickman wrote:

Reply to
The Dog

Can you get the broken parts out without damaging anything else? You might be better off taking them to a machine shop and see if they could make them out of aluminum or nylon. Shouldn't really be hard to make something like that.

in one track

cause the sunroof

simple procedure

CANNOT buy any