99 Jimmy Fuel Sending Unit

I`ve got a fuel gauge that`s very erratic. I`ll have to check the wiring as I`ve heard the ground can be problematic but can anyone tell me about the
sending unit? Is it accessible or do I have to drop the tank to replace it? Thanks for the heads up. Jeff
Sender in tank- is available separately from GM(sender only-don't have to change the whole module). Thats my bet but check your grounds but....JP