'99 Malibu Water Leak

Here one thats got me stumped,
Twice, in the past couple of months, the trunk carpet gets soaked after driving in the rain. The most soaked area seems to be the
center/rear of the trunk.
I yanked out the carpet & undrpad to dry. Can't see any gaps in the body seams or missing sealant. The trunk lid weatherstrip looks fine.
Suggestions appreciated.
Regards, Al.
| Here one thats got me stumped, | | Twice, in the past couple of months, the trunk carpet gets soaked | after driving in the rain. The most soaked area seems to be the | center/rear of the trunk. | | I yanked out the carpet & undrpad to dry. Can't see any gaps in the | body seams or missing sealant. The trunk lid weatherstrip looks fine. | | Suggestions appreciated. | | Regards, Al.
Check the rear window seal.
Al Haunts wrote:

Run a hose around the tail lights. Could be bad rubber seal.
1. Trunklid Spoiler Mounting Holes
2. Taillight Housing Seal.
3. Pin Holes in the Body Seam Caulk where the tail panel is fused to the ends of the quarter panels inside the trunk. Also, remove the taillights & look at external caulking in the body depression for the taillights.
( Mine had a pin hole leak when new ).
4. Alarm Pin Switch - sometimes screwed into the water channel around the trunk opening.
5. Rear window.
Have a friend run a stream of water slowly over one area at a time while you look for point of entery while laying in the trunk with a drop light.
Good Luck !
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_