99 Safari - Power Door Locks

Hello all and Thanks for reading.
I am having problems with my 1999 Safari power door locks. When I lock or unlock the door with either the remote or the door switch
the drivers door does not lock or unlock. It tries to, you can see the lever move but it never moves far enough to detent the lock, either locking or unlocking . After a few weeks the passenger door started doing the same thing. The side door and Dutch door are fine.
I removed the door panel and had a look to see if the linkage need lubing but they seem fine. The linkage operates smoothly. Since it was open I lubed it anyway.
I removed the linkage from the solenoid and tried activating the solenoid it works fine. But when I rest my finger on it does not work well. It has a difficult time lifting my finger with just moderate pressure.
My thoughts are that a new solenoid mechanism is required, but before I take the plunge and buy one, I thought I would ask the group.
Regards Peter
Hello Mr.(Mrs) GMC Safari, Sounds like your off on the right tangent in changing the actuators. My 2002 Safari has the same issues, so I changed one actuator already...Not too expensive if you hunt down a good deal on the internet... Good Luck, Steve

lever
it
it
time