99 Suburban Coolent leak

Hello, I'm pretty sure I have a intake manifold gasket leak or maybe a bad heater core. Hoses look good, doesn't overheat, just leaks a little coolent (quart every other day). Internal raditor looks pretty
corroded. Can anyone give me a ball park estimate to repair?

I dont think anyone here would even want to venture a guess until you find out what is really wrong.
I'm 99% sure it's a intake manifold gasket leak......any idea what repair $$ would be?
Delway

Well, let's see. We don't know where you are located so it could be anywhere from near free to very expensive, depending on the part of the country. How's that?
Why don't you do the easier and more accurate thing and just call a couple places near by. How is anyone here going to tell you any more accurately than that?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Ah... a much better question. I really don't know what the book pays for that, but it's less than a three hour job for any decent mechanic. You'd still be better off calling around than questioning folks on the internet. At the end of the day, you're going to pay someone local to you so that's all that really counts.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
If you can smell antifreeze in interior when driving with heater on-also there would be antifreze on floor boards. If you have a intake gasket leak you would be dripping a whole lot of fluid on garage floor while idling and then let it sit. You may have a blown head gasket and burning it and may not see the white smoke out the exhaust because of the catalytic converter. Cost can be estimated by hourly rate approx. $60/hr x hourly rate per job plus parts any reputable shop would give a very close estimate-but you must isloate and conquer.
Hi, Thanks for the info. I don't have any smell in the interior and the floor boards are dry. I do have a significant fluid spot (12") in the drive way. It looks like it is coming from the waterpump and/or front part of the block. I'm not too worried about the water pump replacement (if this is in fact what is leaking), I know how much those cost (labor and materials).....however, I have no idea how much labor is involved in replacing the intake gasket. Thanks.
Delway
skidstar wrote:

4.3 hrs.