A bit of Faith Restored in GM

"80 Knight" wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

Typical ignoranmus.....the old logic trail of "I once knew a man who was a concentration camp guard in germany,and he was a nice guy, therefor all german concentraion camp guys are nice people" type of "logic".

Sometimes I think it's not a failure of logic ability or lack thereof, is that you're simply permantly stuck on stupid for life.

You wouldn't buy a Tundra because you're stupid. You buy GM trucks because "I once knew a man who owned a couple of gm trucks, and those particular trucks were great, therefor, all gm trucks are better than toyota trucks" type of logic.

Then there is the other ignoramous shoe that drops from the other foot...the old "I bought this truck, I must defend my purchase at any cost otherwise I look stupid" syndrome.

Same thing happesn to people who buy Jaguars, Hummers, Caddillacs, Yugos, Volkswagans and other shitty made bad cars....they don't do their research, they buy their shitboxes, then people dont' respect them for their purchase so they have to vociferiously defend their bad decisions otherwise admint that they're lazy, stupid and spend money like it's not theirs.

Reply to
Mapanari

Jon Patrick wrotenews:Xns96EDD9737CC60jonrpatrickhotmailco@216.77.188.18:

Well, you're exactly right. GM is constantly and always behind the curve ball. They will never catch up and now the Communist Chinese are going to put the final nail in their coffin.

Once Adelphia goes bankrupt, GM is not far behind and the commies will be licking their chops to buy up GM, move most of the good jobs back to China, make better cars and cheaper cars, pay off a few politicians with "campaign donations" like they did with Al Gore, Clinton, Hillary, Pelosi and Boxer and sell us our own cars with no import duty or taxes and maybe even get a few billion in corporate welfare, and will now be made in China.

Reply to
Mapanari

You are far from correct in your perceptions. I'm 79, black male with an Engineering degree in metallurgy, with nearly 50 years experience in racing, manufacturing, retailing and serving autos, a millionaire several times over who could not care less what you chose to believe sonny. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Seems to me one would look at where most other buyers choose to spend their hard earned money. GM sells more trucks in three month than Toyota sells, cars AND trucks in a year. That should suggest, to any thinking person, what the buying public believes to be the best quality trucks. Ever wonder why somebody no longer wanted that used truck?

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Ah but they are still running around today, and that is the point. Imagine how long, the far superior vehicles that they building today, will last. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Does it have antique plates? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, I reserve my antique/classic plates for one of the following:

1931 Studebaker President State Coupe (Q4) 1955 Studebaker President State Coupe 1955 Studebaker President State Sedan 1956 Studebaker Power Hawk 1964 Studebaker Champ P/U T-6 Long Bed - 2nd Daily driver

JT

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If you are a "follower" when it comes to buying transportation, you fit into the sheeple class plain 'n simple.

Those that don't exhibit symptoms of the ability to think...

JT

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

JT, pardon me for butting in on this conversation, but was the 1956 Power Hawk that sweet 2 door coupe that Studebaker offered with a small V8? I think it was around 260 cubes? I think that's the model I saw in a sales ad earlier this year and I've been thinking about it ever since.

Reply to
StingRay

259 cid and yes, a pillared coupe. My car is black, 3 speed w/overdrive and I used to get about 26 mpg between DC and Providence back in the 1960's. I bought it in 1966 it is still in primo condition ready to go anywhere on a moment's notice.

Hawk models for 1956 included:

Golden Hawk - 351 cid Packard engine (President) hardtop Sky Hawk - 289 cid Studebaker engine (President) hardtop Power Hawk - 259 cid Studebaker engine (Commander) coupe Flight Hawk - Small six (Champion) coupe

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

After I posted my question to you, I went searching for your Studebaker collection and I actually found another 1956 Power Hawk that just sold. Here's a link:

They are sweet - ahead of their time really. I came across another site that you may already have seen, but I found it interesting and I'll attach a link:

StingRay

The hood is from either a '57 or '58 Golden Hawk. That being the case, I suspect that the car may have been modified otherwise and hence the low price. Condition #2 (Condition #1 is over-restored) Power Hawks should be in the high teens for value. It is a nice looking car but I wonder how much bondo might be lurking underneath...

They

Excellent site! One that I haven't seen before but know quite a few of the cars/owners shown.

I'm posting the link to the Studebaker newsgroup @ alt.autos.studebaker where binaries are welcome.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Nope. Because they are as ugly as sin.

Who sells more trucks, GM or Toyota? It's all about preferance. Almost everyone I know owns GM, and they have all been great cars, trucks and van's.

I own a car, and I would defend the car itself. As for others owning the car, it's there preference as to whether they like it or not. Mine is a huge-ass car and get's 30mpg, as well as looks great, so I'm happy.

People can buy whatever they want too. My point was (as I said to another) this is a GM group, so why come here to bash them or there drivers? It makes no sence. Go over to the Toyota group and talk about your nice Tundra. Have fun.

Reply to
80 Knight

Mapanari wrote in news:Xns96EE49283A0C8mapi@216.168.3.64:

Unfortunately, after reading your other posts, I'm sorry to hear you agree with me about anything. J

Reply to
Jon Patrick

"Mike Hunter" wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Top Poster:

With every post you indicate your ongoing personal battle against the dreaded scourge of "Commonsenseitus".

You buy new cars? What fool buys brand new American cars? I bet you can regale us all with the benefits and good ideas of leasing them, and buying the extended warrenty, right?

Reply to
Mapanari

Because he's a troll. It's what they do.

Reply to
Hairy

You mean like the Toyota buyer who pay way too much for an underpowered vehicle because he hopes he may not get one of THEIR bad ones? LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yeah, true. But at times, they are very amusing to play around with.

Reply to
80 Knight

Uh, maybe just that "he" was answering the original post that was cross posted to Austin.General, a bad place for thin skinned people to visit...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Grumpy AuContraire wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@GrumpyvilleNOT.com:

Thin skinned, stupid and young.....Definition of "liberal".

Reply to
Mapanari