A/C Condenser Failure in Montana Ventur Silhouette - Anyone?

Hi all.
In 2004 my 2002 Montana with 40K lost the condenser. It developed a leak on the lower corner passenger side. GM would not cover it as it was over 36K.
After paying a lot to have it repaired, my 2001 had the same failure a week later at 54K.
I chose to swelter as two $600+ repairs would have really ticked me off.
Now its 24 months later and the 2002 that was replaced 24 months ago has the same failure. I am down again.
Anyone else got this happening?
Thanks
Mike

Are you referring to getting screwed by GM? Most of us on here have had a case of that from time to time.
I wonder if you are having some mechanical stress that is causing that type of failure in your cars. In any case, it sucks.
You can get a high quality parallel flow aftermarket condenser for that unit for about $80. These give less headpressure, better heat transfer, etc. What did the dealer charge you for your GM OEM POS?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com a crit :

The same happenned to me on my Montana 2002, fortunatly I was covered by the extended warranty. Apparantly its a very common problem on these van.
Hi went to a radiator shop, he took the condeser out and soldier the lower part where there was a leask. he pt it back without the bold on thet lower part because he siad that thn i will do it again. its a year and more now no problem. total cost 150$
a crit :

The same happenned to me on my Montana 2002, fortunatly I was covered by the extended warranty. Apparantly its a very common problem on these van.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It's a very common failure. GM has a bulletin out about it, the fix is to replace the condensor with an "improved" design, and you also have to modify the mounting of the condensor, otherwise it will simply fail again.
Ian

Thanks for confirming what we may have already suspected, Ian.