A/C stuck in Economode? 92 Buick

My 1992 Buick Park Avenue air conditioner is stuck in economode. It was low on freon and when I put some in, the low pressure switch made but the compressor will not turn on and the "Economode" switch is lit like its keeping the compressor from coming on.

Any Ideas before I hot wire the compressor through the low pressure switch?

Reply to
leo3006

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Shep

Do I have to reset something after recharge?

Reply to
leo3006

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Shep

I did that to put freon in the system. Static pressure is about 85psi lowside due to outdoor temp, I can't put anymore. The compressor will not start as mentioned before.ps, this is an r12 system.

Reply to
leo3006

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Shep

Started with one pound, however, Problem is now fixed. Found that the system does indeed have to be reset by disconnecting the battery. Compressor now runs and I can finish charging. The computer locks out the compressor if the low pressure switch stays open or the system sees high superheat. (low charge).

Reply to
leo3006