ABS light after wheel bearing change

I changed the right side wheel bearing hub on my 98 Jimmy and now my ABS light is on.

Reply to
Tim

I did I checked it at the hub and the point it plugs into. It looks like I get to take it off and put a new one on.

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
none

I was told to disconnect the battery and it would reset the ABS then reconnect it and see if the light stays on. I did it and it is still on.

Reply to
Tim

They pulled the a front hub on my K3500 under extended warranty to check a bearing and my ABS failed afterwards. They wound up replacing the sensor and the complete hub assembly on my truck to fix it bt not at my cost.

Reply to
SnoMan

I got it fixed. It was a defective wheel bearing hub.

Reply to
Tim

This sensor was removable with one screw. I took it out and it was all torn up. I took the sensor back to auto zone to see if they could just take a new bearing and give me the sensor from it. To my shock they did. I put the new sensor in the hub and turned it very slowly. After 1/4 a turn I felt in hit the new sensor, so off came the wheel hub and back to the zone for the other one. I put that one on and the same sensor in it and again turned it slowly. NO resistance. After driving it no ABS light. I had surgery on a torn rotator cuff 8 months ago and it did not heal. I am in pain with it but needed to get this fixed because I go for a second surgery on it next week. So goes my luck.

Reply to
Tim

ouch, that is a pain! Just to let you know that you can check for internal resistance of the sensor before mounting it on (~1100 ohms I think). You 're probably already figured this out.

Reply to
none

I havve seen when you change them as soon as you start driving the light goes out, when you check for a code no code

Reply to
sportstr