ABS light after wheel bearing change

I changed the right side wheel bearing hub on my 98 Jimmy and now my ABS light is on.

check ABS sensor wire at the wheel you did the work.

I did I checked it at the hub and the point it plugs into. It looks like I get to take it off and put a new one on.

I was told to disconnect the battery and it would reset the ABS then reconnect it and see if the light stays on. I did it and it is still on.

"Tim" wrote:

They pulled the a front hub on my K3500 under extended warranty to check a bearing and my ABS failed afterwards. They wound up replacing the sensor and the complete hub assembly on my truck to fix it bt not at my cost.
I got it fixed. It was a defective wheel bearing hub.

ouch, that is a pain! Just to let you know that you can check for internal resistance of the sensor before mounting it on (~1100 ohms I think). You 're probably already figured this out.

This sensor was removable with one screw. I took it out and it was all torn up. I took the sensor back to auto zone to see if they could just take a new bearing and give me the sensor from it. To my shock they did. I put the new sensor in the hub and turned it very slowly. After 1/4 a turn I felt in hit the new sensor, so off came the wheel hub and back to the zone for the other one. I put that one on and the same sensor in it and again turned it slowly. NO resistance. After driving it no ABS light. I had surgery on a torn rotator cuff 8 months ago and it did not heal. I am in pain with it but needed to get this fixed because I go for a second surgery on it next week. So goes my luck.

"Tim" wrote: > I got it fixed. It was a defective wheel bearing hub. > >
> > >I changed the right side wheel bearing hub on my 98 Jimmy and > now my ABS > >light is on. > >
I havve seen when you change them as soon as you start driving the light goes out, when you check for a code no code