ABS light on ?

94 Pontiac Grand Am 3.1
What does this mean, how can I clear it. I just had some work done to repair intake manifold, and the light wasn't on before I took it in, but now it is
on all the time.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
KDawg
Take it somewhere to get the codes read to find out why the light is on. It's possible that the guy that worked on your intake manifold unplugged a wire and didn't plug it back in again, OR disturbed an ABS wire that is now touching a hot engine part which melted through the insulation and shorted out.
Steve

repair
is

repair
is
rectify whatever they have done. Usually it is no big deal wire off or unplugged .
Jim.J
ABS Relay

repair
is
"KDawg" wrote

repair
is
Take it back and let them deal with it. It is probably something that wasn't plugged back in. There are a number of sensors that are disconnected while replacing the intake gasket, and any number of them would cause your light to come on if disconnected.
Ian
"shiden_Kai" wrote

Whoops, I guess I should read the subject line more closely. I'd still take it back and have them check it out, but it's not quite as likely that the work they did on the manifold would affect your abs light. Still, it's possible, depending on what and where they were on your car.
Ian
How does it come on? For example, does come on a few second after you start the engine (without vehicle movement)? or does it come on when you start to drive? Paul

repair
is
On at all times. I start the car and it is on right away, and never goes off until I turn the car off.

Have you check the fuse? or relay? The relay should be next ABS/Mater brake cylinder. Paul

it
Also check the wheel sensors and wires, could be a shorted or open sensor/wire.

But you should take it and have the codes read to find out for sure, it would save you a lot of wild goose chasing.

goes
Thanks for all the responses. It seems to be fixed. I had a blown fuse for the heater/ac blower, and after replacing that the ABS light has gone off. It's weird, but it is fixed.
Regards, KDAwg

repair
is
KDawg wrote:

I had a weird fuse problem like that one time. Then I discovered that I had been counting the fuse positions incorrectly.
---Bob Gross---