ABS light on ?

94 Pontiac Grand Am 3.1

What does this mean, how can I clear it. I just had some work done to repair intake manifold, and the light wasn't on before I took it in, but now it is on all the time.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

KDawg

Reply to
KDawg

Take it somewhere to get the codes read to find out why the light is on. It's possible that the guy that worked on your intake manifold unplugged a wire and didn't plug it back in again, OR disturbed an ABS wire that is now touching a hot engine part which melted through the insulation and shorted out.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

rectify whatever they have done. Usually it is no big deal wire off or unplugged .

Jim.J

Reply to
Jim.J

ABS Relay

Reply to
Black Bomb

"KDawg" wrote

Take it back and let them deal with it. It is probably something that wasn't plugged back in. There are a number of sensors that are disconnected while replacing the intake gasket, and any number of them would cause your light to come on if disconnected.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

"shiden_Kai" wrote

Whoops, I guess I should read the subject line more closely. I'd still take it back and have them check it out, but it's not quite as likely that the work they did on the manifold would affect your abs light. Still, it's possible, depending on what and where they were on your car.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

How does it come on? For example, does come on a few second after you start the engine (without vehicle movement)? or does it come on when you start to drive? Paul

Reply to
NOSPAM

On at all times. I start the car and it is on right away, and never goes off until I turn the car off.

Reply to
KDawg

Reply to
NOSPAM

Also check the wheel sensors and wires, could be a shorted or open sensor/wire.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

But you should take it and have the codes read to find out for sure, it would save you a lot of wild goose chasing.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks for all the responses. It seems to be fixed. I had a blown fuse for the heater/ac blower, and after replacing that the ABS light has gone off. It's weird, but it is fixed.

Reply to
KDawg

I had a weird fuse problem like that one time. Then I discovered that I had been counting the fuse positions incorrectly.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross