abs/tcs light

Hello, The other day when I started my car the abs inop and traction control lights came on and wouldn't go off (and the gas pedal was stuck as if the car had broke traction). I took it to the dealer and the said that the "accelerator cruise control cable adjuster was stuck" and the following codes were in the computer: 1216 abs coil open, 1235 right real sensor open and 1214 abs relay open. When they started the car the two lights were not on so they freed the cable and gave me a bill for $200. On the way home the lights came back and I don't know what to do..... Should I just replace the sensor (1235) myself or bring it back to the dealer for more $$$$$$. One other thing, what exactly do the three code mean?

thanks for any and all help john

to reach me just remove nospam aa_john snipped-for-privacy@nospamhotmail.com

Reply to
Jj

Just take it back to the dealer. You already paid for the repair and they didn't fix it. Make them make it right for you or demand a refund. I assume this was a GM dealer working on a GM product ? What year/make/model ? Was it still under any kind of warranty ?

Reply to
jbrainey

Yes, it was a GM dealer and now they are telling me that it is the right rear sensor and the cruise control module. OH yeah, they want an additional $950 to replace the module. I check the prices and I can get one for about $225 but I need the directions for install and cable adjustment..... do you have any idea where I may be able to come across such information?

Reply to
Jj