ABS/Traction lite stays on

Recently bought a 1996 Bucik Riveria. I believe it was in a wreck at one time. The previous owner had a brake job done on it just before I bought it. The ABS/Traction Control light stayed on at that time. A scan say's it has a
code 21 in the system. I am not really interested in fixing this stuff as it isn't that important to me, but the lights on the dash are bothersome. Can I pull some fuse or fues somewhere so the light on the dash wont light and not interfere with a "service engine light" coming on?
Code 21 means "Right front wheel speed sensor circuit - open or shorted".
The ABS light appears to be on the Chimes fuse. If you pull that, you will kill the chimes and whatever other parts of the instrument cluster will also go dead..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Have a look near that sensor RH mentions. You may find a chafed wire GW
Robert Hancock wrote:

Forgot to mention that that there is a harness disconnected on the drivers side engine compartment near the traction control box. It has a huge round connector with what might be 15-20 wires??? The place that did the brake job indicated a short and suggested to start at some module that costs $600 from the dealer. This brake job was done over a year ago so cant get any more info from who done the job. For now I have fashioned some black elecrtical tape over the lights that stay on, LOL. Thanks

has
important
light
Well, no wonder the light is on. ;-) GW
Steve wrote:

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
Yes I know that would make the ABS/Traction light stay on, but if a brake man could not find the cause of the short, (if there is one) and indicated on the repair sheet that someone should start with replacing some $600 module, I can't argue with that. Like I said, not really looking for a fix, just a way to get the lights off without causing an effect of something else.

I can't imagine why a bad module would cause you to get a code 21 - well, I guess it's possible, but not very likely. Did they say they actually checked the wheel speed sensor & wiring?
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada