ac chevy lumina

I took my car to an ac guy and he told me the system was totally empty. He said it would cost around $700.00 to replace the oil because it was some new kind that was not freon. Is this true? If true, is there an alternative. I bought the car for $850.00. It doesn't seem worth the effort. I think the system is set for 134r.

Reply to
sparrohawk

the price is too high. changed a frenon system in a 1979 transtar 18 wheeler tractor fo under $20.00 in parts from a dealer napa AT 1 TIME HAD KITS YOU GET FOR UNDER $100. LOKE AROUND ON A CAR ABOUT 1 DAY TO DO WHWANTS IS WAY HIGH

134A IS $20.. FOR 30LBTE OLY SPECIAL IN WV PLACES DO IT FOR UNDER $100. >
Reply to
wolf

The price is excessive. If it was changed over to 134A and it has leaked down, first you need to find the leak and have the system repaired.

A/C Conversions from R12 to 134A in this area don't run more then $450. So to have a system recharged at a cost higher then that is ludacris. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I bought a FREEZE 12 kit on ebay for about $40, came with refrigerant, oil, and hose, put it all in and the AC is freezing cold. This freeze 12 replaces R12, no seals or anything to replace, its been in for a year and works great.

PS Look for connections in your system that are oily and dusty, try to fix leaks first.

Reply to
Scott

Thanks Scott, I'll try that. Nelson

Reply to