AC Condensor Oil Leak

Went into downtown Chicago today.
When I came home for 5 minutes, I parked on the driveway. Went back out to drop film off, came home & discovered a puddle of oil on the driveway
about 14 inches in diameter. Parked the car exactly where I did before. Get out the carboard to lay on & see oil over the bottom left side of the bumper fascia. Looks like its coming from the radiator pan. Oil is clear when its on your fingers, so I'll assume its oil from the AC Condensor.
Will I have AC in June when its 90 degrees outside ??????????
Good News - my 11 month old leaking radiator is warranty'd for a year. New one is on order. Both tanks leaking at the botton pinch seams.
Damn Old Car ! And tomorrow is its 14th birthday.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,239 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
"Harry Face" wrote:
....Discovered a puddle of oil on the driveway about 14 inches in diameter. Looks like its coming from the radiator pan. Oil is clear when its on your fingers, so I'll assume its oil from the AC Condensor. ___________________________________________________
It could also be oil from the fan clutch, running down inside the fan shroud then dripping from the bottom of the radiator.
To check, shine a flashlight into the fan shroud and look for radial streaks of oil all around the inside walls.
Good luck.
Wendy & John. _________________________________________________
Wendy & John wrote:

91 Bonnevilles are FWD and have electric fans. GW
"Geoff Welsh" wrote:
Fan clutch!?!? WTF kinda car do you think HF has? 91 Bonnevilles are FWD and have electric fans.
GW ___________________________________________
I apologize for trying to offer help without first being sure I knew whether that engine uses a fan clutch.
I am truly sorry. The profanity was not necessary.
Wendy & John. ________________________________________________

Wendy & John wrote:

I see none. Unless Bonneville is a curse word in French? hahahahaha GW
snipped-for-privacy@some.rr.com says...

I'll add some:
SuuuuuuummmmmmB*TCH!
(Bufford T Justice, circa 1977)
Dennis Smith

what do you think the "F" in WTF stands for?
-Bret
Bret Chase wrote:

Fruit, Frac, Farg, F***??? What things may or may not stand for in peoples minds is irrelevant. Good netiquette, as I've observed on both these groups daily for the past four years, is too not use swear words. WTF is a symbol not a swear word, as is F***.
GW

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 02:50:24 GMT, "Wendy & John"

today is a white hydraulic fluid. GM has a habit of making hydraulic lines with rubber hoses crimped onto aluminum tubes. These crimps come loose, and the connection leaks. Same things happens with steel lines with crimped on rubber hoses.
Neither the fan clutch nor the AC would produce that much oil that quickly, if at all.
Hi,
As I was typing my reply to this post earlier about what actually happened that five minutes the car was on the driveway, something occurred to me that I had to check out before I could post the reply. It was not the AC Condensor Oil that leaked out. It was the oil from the impact piston behind the front bumper.
When I came home this afternoon I parked the car with the bumper againt the bricks on the garage. I wanted to listen to a noise under the hood that is only there at ldle and in drive. Put it in neutral noise goes away.
And, No, I don't use the parking brake to hold the car in drive, I'm affraid it won't release. I've haven't touched the parking brake in 14 years and I'm not about to..LOL
Anyway, I'm listening here and there touching various components. When I touched the rubber diaphram on the cruise control servo the car nudged forward as the rpms kicked up a bit.
This must of forced fluid out from the Impact Piston behind the bumper. Remember in my original post I mention the oil had run down the bumper fascia. The left front piston is all soaked with oil.
Looks like I lucked out again.
Thanks to those who replied.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,316 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

experience in the past?
ahmet
Sometimes after you start burning the rear brakes and have to beat the drum off to free things up, you tend not to use the dam thing. Actually, if lubricated and used all the time, except freezing weather, they should stay working. Like Harry, I've let mine go and can't chance touching it. I enjoy reading all the stories of woe and intrigue that Harry has with his car. I feel so fortunate to have a 23 year old Chevy that I almost never need to work on besides maintenance. I am blessed. Meanwhile, Harry can't go for a pizza without something leaking or failing.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Bad habit! Smith uses the parking brake even on automatic trans cars.
I was really hoping it was the PS pump. Then you could come over and we could have a PS pump rebuilding bonanza!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Dennis Smith
Smith,
A rebuilding pump banonza?
I'd buy a new one, freak !
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,316 miles_~_~_
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

PS pump seal kit = $15, replacement pump = $65.
Smith the cheapa$$
Dennis Smith