Acceleration hesitation

My 1996 V-6 (3100) Chevy Beretta has suddenly developed a hesitation when I try to accelerate aggressively. Either hot or cold engine will produce the same results. What can I look for before bringing it to a
garage? TIA
Moya wrote:

Do the usual: Check and/or clean the TPS, MAF, MAV, MAT, EGR, VAC, IAC, plug wires, and clean the throttle body.
I replaced the wires at 30K.

Check your crankshaft sensors. My 92 Lumina with the same engine just had the same thing happen this week, and a cracked sensor was found as well as one bad plug there. Problem now seems to be fixed. Roy

I looked at all the plugs, clean even after 68,000 miles. I replaced all the plug wires. Problem fixed.