Acceleration hesitation

My 1996 V-6 (3100) Chevy Beretta has suddenly developed a hesitation when I try to accelerate aggressively. Either hot or cold engine will produce the same results. What can I look for before bringing it to a garage? TIA

Reply to
Moya

Do the usual: Check and/or clean the TPS, MAF, MAV, MAT, EGR, VAC, IAC, plug wires, and clean the throttle body.

Reply to
Paul

I replaced the wires at 30K.

Reply to
Moya

Reply to
Roy G. Bragg

I looked at all the plugs, clean even after 68,000 miles. I replaced all the plug wires. Problem fixed.

Reply to
Moya's Crew